Saturday, August 04, 2007

"The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don't define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them." --- Quoted


"Never forget that life can only be nobly inspired and rightly lived if you take it bravely and gallantly, as a splendid adventure in which you are setting out into an unknown country, to meet many a joy, to find many a comrade, to win and lose many a battle." --- Annie Besant


I don't believe in luck. Whatever happens in your life is a result of your own actions and the actions of all those people around you, whom you can't control directly. So if you have a group of really caring people around you, you'll always be happy, whatever the situation the outside world creates. People crying about fate befalling everything on them is utter nonsense. If you don't change your own destiny, you have left it in the hands of other people.


And I was till very recently, on the other side, letting my life drift, without any purpose. I was out of college and missed my dear friends who were in different parts of the country and the world, busy in their own mundane life. I couldn't accept the fact that they were no longer with me. But eventually you have to let things go. I am no longer going to be passive. I have a few of my old mates here, and I am going to make lots and lots of new ones, so that in every corner of the earth, I have someone to spend my time with. I am going to lead life as I see it from now on. I am now a changed man, with the same indomitable spirit as I had a couple of years back! No more dwelling on the past too much, I look ahead !


“Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in.”

No comments: